Position: Exploring Executive Position
Position location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Council Website: www.bsa-cvc.org
Impact your community and make a difference in the lives of hundreds of youth and families through employment as an Exploring Executive. This is a professional entry-level position which will provide the right candidate a variety of exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. Career Exploring is a national leader amongst non-profits and is committed to the development of entry-level employees allowing them the chance to truly be the “CEO” of their assigned area.
The Exploring Executive will help youth learn about career opportunities by developing a variety of programs where youth interact with the adults doing those jobs to learn about potential careers.
Successful applicants will be people oriented and have the ability to work with community and business leaders.
This job offers flexibility in scheduling, a wide variety of experiences, a high degree of collaboration, and the opportunity for upward mobility.
The Exploring Executive selected will:
- Serve as the marketing, sales, and customer service representative for Career Exploring.
- Promote Career Exploring to educators, school administrators and counselors, students and families, & business and community leaders.
- Secure commitments from the business community to support career development.
- Recruit students to participate in Career Exploring posts. Engage with young people in school buildings to promote involvement in Exploring Posts.
- Provide follow-up and oversight to ensure that a quality experience is being offered in Career Posts.
- Generate funds for the Exploring Program through community and business support and special event fundraising. Solicit funds directly, either independently, or through volunteers.
- Work with an Exploring Advisory Committee to provide support to Exploring programs.
- Have the ability to succeed in an accountable results-based environment. Be able to develop daily/weekly workplans and operate independently.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate personal interactions with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary. Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and BSA holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a Exploring Executive can be found at this link: https://www.exploring.org/