Position: Exploring Executive
Position location: Findlay, Ohio
Council Website: www.blackswampbsa.org
Exploring is the career-education and workforce development program of the Boy Scouts of America. The program partners with business, industry, and schools to provide real life career experience and leadership opportunities for young men and women ages 14 to 20. Exploring Executives are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
The Exploring Executive selected will:
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Grow and maintain Exploring units and membership.
- Expand programs to businesses, educational organization, government agencies, and community-based organizations through volunteers.
- Develop programs, recruit volunteers, train, fundraise, find and retain new youth through collaborative relationships.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
- Outgoing passionate connector that can cultivate relationships and provide support to new and existing programs.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising and sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $37,500, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous PTO policy and twelve holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to email@example.com only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: https://www.scouting.org/careers/working-with-us/essential-skills