Position: District Executive Position
Position location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Impact your community and the lives of thousands of youth and families through employment as a District Executive. This is a professional entry-level position which will provide the right candidate a variety of exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. The Boy Scouts of America is a national leader amongst non-profits and is committed to the development of entry-level employees allowing them the chance to truly be the “CEO” of their assigned area.
The District Executive will work with an existing team of volunteers and staff to ensure that vibrant youth programs exist in the Sparta/Tomah area.
The District Executive selected will:
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to plan for the success of Scouting in the district.
- Secure adequate financial support for Scouting through fundraising special events and campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of schools, civic organizations, and churches to support Scouting.
- Provide quality service to volunteers through communication, coaching, and training.
- Succeed in a goal and objective driven environment.
- Be comfortable in public settings and working with a wide variety of people
- Ability to be organized, self-motivated, and responsible are critical.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, 403b match, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer 24 annual days of PTO and holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume with salary history to email@example.com. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at these links: