Position: District Executive Position
Position location: Hermantown, Minnesota
Council Website: www.vac-bsa.org
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
The District Executive selected will:
- Work with volunteer committees and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train,
- guide and inspire them in working with the youth and families of their communities.
- Work to achieve SMART goals related to important fields such as: volunteer recruitment and
- development, membership recruiting, fundraising, program development, and community
- Participate as a team member in identifying and meeting the needs of the Council.
- Advise, assist, and collaborate with a volunteer core in achieving Council and District goals.
- Be an advocate and role model in the community for Scouting.
- Receive on-going training in work processes, competencies, and other skills specific to professional
- Work both independently and under supervision in maintaining a rigorous schedule of planning, preparation, and implementation of proven methods for success in Scouting.
- Skilled use of computer programs and software common to business. (Microsoft Office is a must.)
- Work with all kinds of people and be comfortable with all types of diversity.
- Communication skills using different types of media, phone systems, and in-person.
- Budgeting and money management.
- Program development and management.
- Working with adults who work with children.
- Professionalism is a must. Must exhibit a high level of integrity and trust.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scouts of America’s leadership and membership
- standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Live in, or be willing to relocate to the Duluth, MN area.
- Have a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Be at least 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Be willing to work days, nights, weekends, and other varied times as needed or required.
- Pass an extensive background check and other detailed reviews of past employment and references.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $38,000 based upon experience, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer Paid Time Off (PTO) and time off for specified holidays.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to Michael Jenkins at [email protected] only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: https://www.scouting.org/careers/working-with-us/essential-skills