Position: District Executive/Camping Position
Position location: St. Paul, MN
Council Website: www.northernstar.org
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
Must reside at Stearns Scout Reservation in South Haven, MN.
The District Executive/ Camping selected will:
- management of seasonal camp staff
- direct supervision of camp maintenance personnel
- management of budgets and volunteer resources
- organizational and communication skills
- promotional efforts to attract campers
- support of volunteers and other staff members to deliver high-quality camping programs
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired.
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Position requires travel around the Twin Cities area and to the camp using one’s own vehicle; mileage reimbursement is provided for business miles. Must have a valid driver’s license, motor vehicle insurance ($100K/$300K/$100K), and reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $38,000, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and BSA holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: https://www.scouting.org/careers/working-with-us/essential-skills