Position: Program Executive Position
Position location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Council Website: www.danbeard.org
The Dan Beard Council is seeking an entry level Program Executive to provide leadership to the development and execution of council activities, support of district activities, and to provide support and guidance to the council training, advancement, and activity committees.
Organization Info: Dan Beard Council is the local administrative organization for the Boy Scouts of America, and the largest youth serving organization in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. The Dan Beard Council serves over 30,000 young people, providing programs focused on character development, citizenship, mental and physical fitness, and leadership.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, orient, and support volunteers to achieve goals, including support of the training, advancement, and activity committee chairpersons.
- Provide guidance and support to council advanced leader training and youth training programs, managing for growth in participation and revenue, including: Scouting University, Trainer’s Edge, Wood Badge, NYLT, Baloo, IOLS, Wilderness First Aid, Powder Horn, CPR/First Aid, Den Chief Training, and supplementary programs.
- Provide guidance and support to council advancement programs including basic youth advancement, adult leader awards, the Eagle Scout process, the council Eagle Court of Honor, heroism and lifesaving awards, and the Council Advancement Committee and associated events.
- Support district initiatives to ensure achievement of Journey to Excellence metrics in training and advancement.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a strong ability with interpersonal relations and an ability to work closely with volunteers and staff, and deal productively with conflict.
- Have strong computer skills, including Office applications.
- Have strong communication and time management skills.
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects at once and identify priorities.
- Be willing to work in a flexible work schedule situation which may require extra hours.
- Have a strong belief in the Scouting program and embody the Scout Oath and Law in his/her actions
Hours: Full time position. Regular hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday. Some nights and weekends should be expected. Position is considered to be Exempt.
Salary: Competitive compensation includes a full benefit package and generous PTO.
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.