Position: Web Operations Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Position
Department: Web Services
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Manages operations and projects associated with all key customer-facing web applications in multiple environments (ex. Dev, Staging, Production). Sets the standard for excellence in web operations, practices, and processes. Works as an individual contributor in the Web Services Team to optimize web operations for performance and security. Focuses specifically on customer-facing web projects.
- Manages all aspects of the website infrastructure for customer-facing websites.
- Works closely with the Development and Quality Assurance Teams to ensure operational requirements are met.
- Oversees capacity planning, deployment, automation and performance management of key web applications.
- Defines Standard Operating Procedures and incident/problem management and escalation procedures.
- Drives projects to improve live site Operational SLAs based on data collected from incident, problem and capacity reporting.
- Ensures the development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program; ensures program is suitable to meet operational objectives.
- Participates in defining key metrics for measuring service level and delivery quality; regularly analyzes and reports on key metrics. Makes recommendations for improving internal processes.
- Serves as liaison with WordPress hosting provider to manage the BSA’s WordPress infrastructure.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with web site system administration, with demonstrated recent experience in WordPress including WordPress Multisite required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (e. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Web Operations Specialist.