Position: Team Leader, NESA & Alumni Development
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Business Development
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Fosters alumni relationships to the Boy Scouts of America. Sets strategic direction in collaboration with other Office of Development team members. Develops programs and projects designed to benefit the Boy Scouts of America and increases alumni participation in giving. Coaches, mentors, and develops assigned staff.
- Solicits and manages a portfolio of lead annual donors, focused on high-end annual gift strategy and represents BSA at appropriate alumni, community, and corporate events. Develops annual giving programs that improve alumni participation, donor retention, donor acquisition, and donor re-engagement. Measures and track results.
- Coordinates with the Development Services team and other cross-functional teams to develop strategic communications for alumni, including the promotion of stewardship and engagement activities and donor opportunities.
- Oversees NESA & Alumni Development operations, fiscal and administrative functions, and coordinates with other team leads and department heads to provide programs, volunteer opportunities, and information that engages BSA alumni in local and national platforms.
- Provides oversight for volunteer management of the NESA and Scouting Alumni & Friends Committees and the process of connecting alumni to volunteer activities throughout Scouting. Assists in the identification of potential volunteers for related boards and committees and represents NESA and the BSA at special events internally and externally.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive and data-driven strategic plan to foster lifelong relationships for alumni and encourages their gifts of time, talent, and philanthropy to Scouting. Develops metrics for alumni engagement programming in an effort to benchmark industry best practices.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- 5 years+ of the required experience may be a combination of work experience gained in an academic environment in the areas of alumni relations, fundraising, annual giving promotions and/or campaigns. Must have prior experience leading staff and/or teams.
- Must be familiar with principles and practices of annual giving.
- Must be able to use social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn etc.) to develop and market program content to reach potential donors.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume with a cover letter and references to: Resume.Exempt@scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, “TL, NESA & Alumni Development”. Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit a resume no later than Wednesday, September 4, 2019.