Position: Senior UX Designer
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Web Operations
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Responsible for driving the interaction design of digital experiences that BSA offers from inception to launch. Responsible for interaction design, discerning complex data and building unique user experiences from inception to launch – with an emphasis on mobile.
- Researches, defines, and designs prototypes, validates and documents end-to-end user interface architecture for customer-facing web sites and mobile apps, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Leads project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of interactive and interface design and development, including design architecture, validation, and specifications.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall interactive and interface design leadership to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of personas, user stories, and usability studies. Responsible for fine-tuning designs, considering live customer data, and market research.
- Continually strives to simplify digital experiences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years demonstrated experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
- A minimum of 3+ years demonstrated experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for web and software applications.
- Must have the ability to lead and collaborate across design disciplines including interaction design, visual design and industrial design to define, specify, and prototype groundbreaking user interactions.
- Proficient in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Must have an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- Must possess demonstrated UI design skills and have a knowledge of current best practices including mobile usability, layout, color theory and typography.
- High-energy demeanor with big picture thinking, ability to conceptualize, strong work ethic, sense of urgency and high expectations for performance.
- Ability to create strong visual and information design solutions for complex problems.
- Skilled at presenting objectives, design approaches, and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is required. Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Experience with Adobe Illustrator and GIT is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong presentation skills. Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong project management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and competing demands. Strong organizational skills are required.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply: Qualified candidates must email a resume with a cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Senior UX Designer.