Position: Research & Data Analyst
Compensation: Exempt Position
Department: Research, Development and Project Services
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Applies broad knowledge of research methodologies and business analytics to provide internal clients with Insights and answers to their business questions. Analyzes external market dynamics and other data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations to management. Works on applied research and analytics initiatives that leverage data mining techniques and statistical analysis to report insights gained from the data in ways that are easily accessible and applicable to business units in the National Service Center and Local Councils.
- Produces and analyzes data requests including but not limited to, market analysis, council total available youth (TAY), membership statistics, and Journey to Excellence statistics. Provides insights and answers to internal client’s business questions.
- Mines membership and operations databases and performs statistical analysis to uncover patterns that can be used in predictive models to increase membership or revenue; or reduce expenses for the organization.
- Manages projects to meet objectives and deadlines. Conducts studies and analyzes market research studies to provide accurate and timely information for strategic initiatives and business objectives.
- Collects and analyzes data to support a greater understanding of issues and trends impacting the organization’s activities.
- Provides primary research support to gain insights directly from customers. Develops recommendations, proposals, and reports based on findings for internal client.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of 5 years relative experience.
- Must have knowledge of common data science tools (ex. Alteryx) and GIS concepts and mapping systems
- Must have applied statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Must be proficient in using query languages (ex. R, Python, SQL)
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply: Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should state Research & Data Analyst.