Position: Media Sales Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Marketing & Communications
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Develops and maintains long-term relationships with current and potential clients. Serves as a second level Sales Specialist for Marketing solutions. Sells advertising to various media outlets. Identifies potential advertising clients and proposes marketing solutions for all BSA media opportunities including magazines, digital, and email. Sells advertising to various media outlets.
- Secures ad/media sales for BSA channels. Applies a diligent effort to achieve sales goals mutually agreed upon with the Partnership Account Manager. Manages inventory and invoicing for media/ad sales clients. Works with account specialist(s) to develop proposals, and tracks sales and progress/status to fulfill commitments.
- Maintains a current list of advertising prospects for use in promotion and subscriptions.
- Relays all pertinent information on sales prospects to Partnership Account Manager and Editorial Director/Publisher.
- Applies specialized knowledge of all advertising clients and agencies to promote advertising sales.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge reviewing professional publications; establishing personal benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- 4+ years of relative experience required.
- 8 years+ of related marketing, sales, or client account experience may be substituted for the required education and experience.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume with a cover letter and references to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, “Media Sales Specialist”. Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit a resume no later than Thursday, September 5, 2019.