Position: IT Enterprise Architect
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Information Technology
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Applies architecture principles and practices to guide the organization through the business, information, process and technology changes necessary to execute their strategies. Designs and implements application and/or system architecture that supports daily operations of the organization. Works with different technologies and platforms. Interfaces with clients and/or other departments to gather business requirements and objectives; translates business requirements into software and application architectures. Works as a practitioner to demonstrate hands-on direct solution application and an ability to architect solutions by translating requirements created into the architecture for the solution and describes it through architecture and design artifacts for system implementation. Anticipates future technical direction. Creates clear and concise design/ architecture diagrams, workflows and documentation. It is senior professional working independently with limited supervision and is regarded as an expert in his field.
- Designs, develops, and implements applications or system architecture solutions that support day-to-day operations of the organization. Works as a practitioner to demonstrate hands-on direct solution application and an ability to architect solutions by translating requirements created into the architecture for the solution and describes it through architecture and design artifacts for system implementation. Includes hands on development, creates rapid prototypes and proof of concept solutions based on industry best practices and standards.
- Plans, develops and implements large scale application designs.
- Translates business requirements into technical solutions.
- Creates architectural design diagrams, workflows and documentation.
- Provides technical support for the systems by utilizing a broad range of skills and technologies.
- Anticipates needs of future technical direction and scope plans for implementing those solutions.
- Defines and adheres to industry best practices and standards.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- 8+ years of relative experience in any combination of development in Java, NodeJS, Scripting, Windows and/or Unix Operating System, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL Database Systems, MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, Systems Integration leveraging Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), JSON, RESTful APIs, Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure), Agile Development Practices required.
- Oracle Certified Master, Java EE6 Enterprise Architect Certification preferred.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional preferred.
- MuleSoft Certified Platform / Integration Architect preferred.
- Must have expert knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), interoperability, design patterns, enterprise integration patterns, and have familiarity with various authentication and authorization mechanisms including Single Sign On (SSO) and OAuth.
- Exposure to microservices architecture, containers and serverless computing is highly desired.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, “IT Enterprise Architect”. (Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit a resume no later than, Wednesday, October 30, 2019)