Position: Internal Auditor II
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Department: Internal Audit
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Under the supervision of the Director, Internal Audit, the incumbent in this position will work on the approved Internal Audit plan including the Controls Assessment Program. This program documents and tests the organizations’ critical financial business processes. The incumbent will participate in the development, execution and reporting of financial, operational and compliance audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with BSA policies and procedures. These audits and reviews will be completed in accordance with accepted auditing principles and standards. Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly. Preparation of audit reports will be presented and communicated to management. You will travel up to 20% with the position.
- Assist in maintaining the critical financial business process documentation. This involves interviewing personnel, reviewing procedures, flowcharts and other documents as required.
- Execute audit tests of the key controls identified for the critical business processes.
- Review test results and identify control gaps. Write recommendations for remediation.
- Follow up with process owners to determine if control gaps have been remediated. Re-test as necessary.
- Assist in developing risk assessments at the organization, process or department level.
- Assist in writing audit programs to address the risks identified from assessments.
- Executes audit programs, documents results of audit tests and recommends improvements in internal controls.
- Assists in the preparation of audit reports based on the results of execution of the audit programs.
- Serves as the lead auditor for certain assignments.
- Assists in other tasks as assigned by the Director Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 2 to 4 years of auditing or related experience required.
- Familiarity with standard audit concepts, practices and procedures required.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the year.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume with a cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Internal Auditor II.