Position: Insurance Management Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Insurance and Risk Management
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Insurance Management Specialist administers corporate insurance programs to minimize expenditures of self-insured and insured claim dollars by coordinating with outside claims investigators and attorneys in order to protect the assets of the National Council, local council, chartered organizations, and volunteers.
- Administers corporate insurance and risk management programs by ensuring accurate claims handling, safety compliance, and risk management analysis.
- Administers claims submitted under the general liability, automobile liability and Directors and Officers insurance programs. This includes pre-litigation and litigation claims to include: the attendance at mediations, trials and the selection of defense counsel, in addition to working closely with insurance adjusters.
- Conducts risk assessments of insurance programs and recommends corrective action against incidents that may result in injury, property damage, or legal liability. Analyzes and classifies risks as to frequency and potential severity, and measures the financial impact on the company.
- Attends various meetings on behalf of risk management. Delivers claim and risk management presentations. Prepares articles for website and magazines.
- Provides work direction to claims coordinator. Monitors deadlines and resolves conflicts to ensure the timely completion of tasks and department goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with councils, volunteers, chartered organizations, and industry associations. Coordinate with Health and Safety Team to identify trends and mitigating factors.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- Insurance Adjuster License is preferred and highly desired.
- Five or more years of general liability and claims processing experience is required.
- Must have the ability to travel 20% of the year.
- Possess intermediate knowledge of current Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience extracting data from Risk Management Information Systems and manipulating in Excel.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and organize a large volume of varied responsibilities is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are preferred. Phone contact with third party administrators and others is frequent.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume with a cover letter and references to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, “Insurance Management Specialist”. Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line.