Position: Incident Response Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Membership Standards
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The position serves as the initial point of contact for Scout professionals, Scout leaders, Scouts and their families and other individuals reporting allegations of child abuse or significant youth protection violations to the Scouts First Helpline. Performs a wide range of duties to include: conducting initial intake of information and assessment of reporter; analyzes and makes recommendations as to appropriate response and actions to be taken; coordination and documentation of support/services offered and accepted in BSA’s efforts to ensure a victim’s needs are met.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of major articles, reflecting subjects of interest to various readerships.
- Proposes strong article ideas. Edits all major articles and ensures their on-time delivery.
- Oversees the work of freelance writers to provide relevant and error-free content that is consistent with BSA quality and timelines.
- Works with other editors, digital editors, photographers and designers to plan and provide appropriate content and design/graphic elements according to organizational standards.
- Reviews material throughout production for accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience working on crisis help lines strongly preferred.
- Certification in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling preferred.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations.
- Analytical skills and ability to make recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Incident Response Specialist.