Position: Email Marketing Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Email Marketing Specialist will play a key role in the internal and external communications initiatives. The role will work cross-functionally to plan, create and execute emails campaigns to drive key marketing metrics, including conversion, retention and engagement, and will be responsible for email development, audience building and segmentation, and post-campaign analysis and reporting. Successful candidates will have a strong sense of quality control and attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and communicate effectively with leadership, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task. This role will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects simultaneously and will collaborate cross-functionally with other departments within the organization.
- Perform day-to-day execution of email marketing campaigns; including, but not limited to design, html development, proofing, testing, QA, audience segmentation, and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns.
- Maintain a very high standard of quality by delivering assets that are error-free and thoroughly QA’d to ensure accurate execution of links, content and targeted assets; Validate and test email functionality and appearance across browsers and platforms.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution.
- Manage email campaign calendar and communicate with internal stakeholders regarding campaign timing, targeting and scope.
- Proactively monitor metrics (open rates/click-through/deliverability, etc.) and review analytics of marketing campaigns and provide recommendations for enhancing effectiveness.
- Maintain best practices for email marketing, including list hygiene, privacy and opt-in/opt-out standards.
- Train new users and support National Service Center departments and local councils using the platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing or related field.
- Two or more years of work experience creating and managing email campaigns in a major email marketing platform (Adobe Campaign, ExactTarget, Marketo, etc)
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the capabilities of content marketing platform; ability to troubleshoot coding problems
- Ability to write queries and define new audience types with good understanding of database concepts and segmentation preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills a plus
- Exceptional eye for detail and strong sense of quality control
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills. Ability to advance multiple projects without compromising results.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Email Marketing Specialist.