Compensation: Exempt position
Department: Magazine Department
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Edits, writes and develops content for the official magazines of the Boy Scouts of America, both in print and digital, as well as contributes to social media, video and other related media. Ensures that all materials meet established organizational standards. Assigns various pieces to freelance writers and approves their work.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of major articles, reflecting subjects of interest to various readerships.
- Proposes strong article ideas. Edits all major articles and ensures their on-time delivery.
- Oversees the work of freelance writers to provide relevant and error-free content that is consistent with BSA quality and timelines.
- Works with other editors, digital editors, photographers and designers to plan and provide appropriate content and design/graphic elements according to organizational standards.
- Reviews material throughout production for accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required.
- 5 or more years’ relative experience.
- Experience with meeting tight deadlines and overseeing many simultaneous tasks.
- Facility with basic online technology and experience entering articles into a content management system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud products; basic knowledge of HTML a plus.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, Editor (Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit a resume no later than, Tuesday, September 3, 2019).