Position: Compliance Analyst – Investigations (2 Positions)
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Legal Services
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Conducts investigative interviews and consultative services supporting Legal investigations into accidents, fraud, harassment, discrimination, youth protection, ethics and compliance. Gathers and investigates facts and researches pertinent sources (e.g. public records, internet sources, etc.) in preparation for litigation. Ensures proper documentation of all investigatory matters and maintains thorough records. Meets with clients and other professionals to discuss details of assigned cases and takes statements. Prepares documents, summaries, and reports on case activity and investigations. May testify at hearings or court trials to present evidence. Assists with the development and implementation of new policies and procedures associated with investigatory practices. Demonstrates knowledge of BSA policies, procedures and registration systems in course of work procedures.
- Responsible for obtaining and analyzing information through investigative practices to verify the accuracy and completeness of information provided. Gathers information for court cases. Conducts investigational interviews; writes reports or case summaries to document investigations.
- Receives and reviews employee complaints; conducts internal investigations; interviews witnesses and gathers facts. Provides guidance and direction to managers in collection of information during investigations. Prepares all necessary reports on individual investigations assigned and others as directed.
- Assists Membership Standards by investigating alleged abuse matters by gathering initial information, determining if law enforcement needs to be involved, and effectively reporting incidences to Law Enforcement as applicable and in accordance with BSA Youth Protection policies and procedures.
- Assists counsel by investigating facts, and/or researching legal precedent to support legal proceedings. Researches, analyzes, records, and interprets information. Compiles lists of information obtained through investigations and interviews pertaining to assigned work by searching public and private records and meeting with individuals.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- 3 years+ experience conducting investigations, interviews, and counseling is required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paces environment with moderate direct supervision.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to and have a willingness to travel and work flexible, non-traditional hours.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume with a cover letter and references to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, “Compliance Analyst”. Internal candidates should also include the word Internal.