Position: Associate Accountant
Compensation: Exempt Position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the corresponding managerial reports and financial statements.
- Prepares various financial reports and/or maintains the general ledger system according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and inputs/posts (according to need) journal entries to the general ledger. Recommends methods and procedures to improve accounting processes.
- Reviews and verifies journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and/or general ledger system changes associated with any or all of accounts payable, receivable, tax, payroll, cost accounting, etc.
- Prepares standard financial reports such as balance sheets as well as special requests.
- Checks items such as journal vouchers, billing, interfaces, financial reports, etc. for accuracy.
- May conduct special studies and make recommendations on accounting procedures and methods.
- May assign work and give general work direction to accounting assistants. Monitors deadlines and resolves conflicts to ensure the timely completion of tasks and department goals.
- Coordinates and provides accounting information to other departments, locations or business segments.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required; Business Accounting, Finance or equivalent field preferred.
- A minimum of three years of directly related Accounting experience is required. Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate general accounting and exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with PeopleSoft software and Microsoft products, specifically Excel and Word.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- High initiative self-starter who can work in a cross functional environment supporting multiple managers.
- Previous AR experience a plus.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Associate Accountant. (Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)