Position: Travel Administrator
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Meetings & Special Events Management
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Travel Administrator provides service to all BSA travelers and gives oversight to ensure efficient and consistent practices and compliance to policies. Oversees the scheduling and coordination of business travel arrangements and services for employees consistent with established policies and cost guidelines. Ensures that reservations for air travel, car rentals and overnight accommodations are accurate, and that itineraries, tickets and instructions are forwarded to employees on a timely basis. Analyzes travel services provided by vendors and recommends changes as appropriate. May utilize an outside travel agency and/or an online reservation system or similar computer technology.
- Coordinates the day-to-day workflow of travel staff to provide cost savings and security of travel for all employees.
- Schedules and tickets airlines for domestic and international travel, plus car and hotel requirements.
- Oversees the scheduling and ticketing of air/buses and reporting for training classes.
- Advises travelers on international and domestic travel requirements and other requests.
- Coordinates monthly billings and verifies negotiated rates, ensuring cost savings to company.
- Manages travel and accommodation needs for special groups including for national and international events.
- Manages vendor relationships and assists in negotiating the best possible rates with airline, hotel and car companies.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Five or more years relative work experience.
- Native Sabre GDS.
- Native Sabre system experience required.
- Must have expertise in managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Travel Administrator. (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit no later than Thursday May 3, 2018.)