Position: Training Assistant
Department: Scouting University (Human Resources)
Position location: Irving, Westlake, TX 76262
The Training Assistant will provide specialized administrative function support to the Learning Delivery manager and team of Scouting University to support volunteer and professional training.
The individual in this position will:
- Provide administrative support to team leader and team. Prepare and update current PowerPoint training presentations.
- Prepare training materials (to include collating and shipping), facilities, meals and set up computers, projectors, and other items as needed for the different courses.
- Support the preparation of lesson plans, job aids, and testing documents for Scouting University course content.
- Coordinate the distribution of training curriculum and content for course rollouts.
- Regularly interacts with National and local council employees, volunteers and third party vendors to manage trainings, answer questions and supply information.
- With assistance from other departments and teams, administer the process to prepare training materials, agendas, syllabi, and other materials. Manage and coordinate training calendar and travel arrangements for participants and staff.
- Schedule and confirm training sessions. Produce agendas and communicate to participants.
- Communicate the status of training to instructors and participants.
- Maintain a record of trainings and participants. Maintains electronic file structure of content for access by the Learning Delivery team.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure that all materials and services are delivered on time for training sessions.
- Administer support for the VILT instructors.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Advanced education is required with at least three years of experience as an assistant or coordinator in a similar role supporting a manager and team.
- Knowledge and experience using Certain, Kintera, Blackbaud, PeopleSoft, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word is required. Candidates possessing intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word will receive top consideration as these skills are highly desired. Skills assessment will be required if selected for the final round interview.
- Excellent customer service skills that include solid verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail is required. Must be customer focused and exhibit willingness to respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience establishing processes and procedures to support the training department. Previous event planning experience and registration site management is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Scouting programs desired but not required.
- Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, volunteers and management. Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment and willingness to exceed expectations.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume with a cover letter and salary history to: Resume.Staff@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Training Assistant.