Position: Technical Training Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Scouting U
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Provides employees in the Boy Scouts of America with training on enterprise software systems that are provided by the organization. Improves the software proficiency of employees in relation to assigned tasks. Works with software implementation teams to determine the long-term training needs of a software system and designs training that is offered on a scheduled basis for each software system. Maintains and updates training for various software systems. Serves as a liaison between end users and the Information Technology Group to contribute to the continuous improvement of software systems. Works with Instructional Design Team to keep training materials current.
- Conducts software training to the company’s clients through web based virtual instructor led programs and software demonstration. Delivers software training courses on software systems for membership tracking, fundraising management, human resources information systems, program evaluation, learning delivery, expense reporting and other systems as they come online.
- Designs and builds learning content for both the virtual learning environment and knowledge base environments based on the needs of software users.
- Works with Information Delivery Groups and their partners to ensure that training remains current with system upgrades and changes. Makes adjustment to training materials and presentation aids to reflect most current software versions.
- Works with clients and guides them to solve existing problems and achieve their goals through use of their software.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two or more years relative work experience.
- Experience with Virtual Training platforms.
- Adobe Connect experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Technical Training Specialist. (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)