Position: Senior Secretary
Compensation: Non-Exempt Level position
Department: Membership Growth
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
To provide secretarial support to ensure efficient operation of the organization.
The primary responsibilities are to:
- Greets visitors and answers phones. Interacts with internal and external customers to answer questions and supply information.
- Schedules meetings and travel arrangements. Maintains calendars, files, form and office supplies. Produces correspondence, presentations, reports and other materials. Distributes mail and reports.
- Provides support on special projects and assignments. Serves as backup to other administrative support.
- Screens telephone calls and receives and directs visitors; resolves routine inquiries.
- Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings. Handles data entry and filing duties.
- At least three years of experience in administrative role supporting more than one person.
- Candidates possessing experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers. Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to exceed expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced department and learn new tasks quickly while multi-tasking many responsibilities.
- High school diploma is required.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume with a cover letter to: Resume.Staff@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Senior Secretary – Membership Growth. (Internal candidate must also include the word Internal in the subject line.)