Position: Senior Database Developer
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Information Technology
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
This position develops and maintains database applications. It focuses on data conversion and data integration supporting back-end processes including; developing, maintaining and troubleshooting CDC, inter-environment and inter-vendor RDBMS synchronization, SSIS and data analysis. Creates scripts for data maintenance or bug fixes. Reviews, analyzes and documents data workflow processes. Creates and builds processes for creating mock data matching application required structures for repeatable test environments. Collaborates and communicates with other departments and outside vendors on technical issues.
- Creates scripts and packages for data integration, synchronization, data maintenance, CDC or bug fixes.
- Develops and maintains efficient, accurate and secure database applications.
- Analyzes, defines and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing, reporting requirements and production configuration.
- Provides technical consulting and responds to error reports, application performance issues, problems or questions. Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify solutions. Leads projects and provides guidance to functional teams as needed.
- Responsible for administrative maintenance of relational database systems. Applies understanding of relational database concepts and query languages in order to design required summary or aggregation tables to support analysis.
- Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications. Interprets internal or external issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Assists in the resolution of database capacity issues, replication and other distributed data issues.
- Assists with administrative maintenance or relational databases, including backup/recovery, problem diagnosis and performance tuning.
- Responsible for business analytics and reporting tools such as PowerBI, Alteryx, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of six years’ relative experience
- MCTS and MCSA certification preferred
- Oracle 10g, MSSQL replication, CDC, SSIS, SQL 2008/2014 and Attunity experience required
- Database table management, stored procedures, documentation, database administration, tuning, research, data analysis and application troubleshooting experience strongly preferred
- Detail oriented, strategic and analytical thinker with strong planning and organizational skills
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume with a cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Senior Database Developer. (Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)