Position: Research Analyst
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Research and Strategy
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Performs qualitative and statistical research, analysis and trend projections in support of the program development, training, marketing, and program delivery functions of the organization. Collects and develops pertinent background data to support a greater understanding of issues and solutions and utilizes the information to predict trends and make recommendations for alternatives. Identifies, monitors, provides analysis, and interprets collected data. Develops recommendations, proposals, and reports based on findings.
- Collects and analyzes pertinent and complex data to support a greater understanding of issues and trends impacting the organization’s activities. Writes results and reports including trend analysis recommendations of alternative options developed through analysis and research.
- Plans, designs, and executes qualitative and quantitative research studies; develops surveys or focus group guides; designs the data collection plan; analyzes the results; and writes reports and recommendations so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization’s business objectives.
- Compiles, verifies, and analyzes information from internal and external sources (focus groups, market, demographic, economic, and other financial data) in order to develop recommendations about the implications of alternative sales, marketing, and business development strategies.
- Master’s degree required.
- Must have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience including three years using statistical software.
- Trained as a focus group moderator.
- Knowledge of and experience with SPSS or other statistical software, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint is essential.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects within a short timeline and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Research Analyst.