Position: Internal Auditor I
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Department: Internal Audit
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Under the supervision of the Director, Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor I will work on the approved Internal Audit work plan including the Controls Assessment Program. The Internal Auditor I will participate in financial, operational, compliance and Information Technology audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with BSA policies and procedures. Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Works on the Controls Assessment Program, reviewing control process memos and updating as required. This involves interviewing personnel, reviewing procedures, flowcharts and other documents.
- Executes audit tests of the key controls identified for the critical business processes.
- Review test results and identify control gaps. Write recommendations for remediation.
- Follow up with process owners to determine if control gaps have been remediated. Re-test as necessary.
- Assist in developing risk assessments at the organization, process or department level.
- Assists in writing audit programs to address risks identified.
- Executes audit programs and documents results of audit tests.
- Prepares audit reports based on the results of execution of the audit programs.
- Assists in other tasks as assigned by the Director Internal Audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One or more years of auditing or related experience required.
- Familiarity with standard audit concepts, practices and procedures required.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to work under immediate supervision.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the year.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Internal Auditor I. (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit no later than Thursday May 4, 2018.)