Position: Incident Response Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Membership Standards
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The position serves as the initial point of contact for Scout professionals, Scout leaders, Scouts and their families and other individuals reporting allegations of child abuse or significant youth protection violations to the Scouts First Helpline. Performs a wide range of duties to include: conducting initial intake of information and assessment of reporter; analyzes and makes recommendations as to appropriate response and actions to be taken; coordination and documentation of support/services offered and accepted in BSA’s efforts to ensure a victim’s needs are met.
- Intake, triage and assessment of calls and/or emails received through Scouts First Helpline.
- Analyze and make recommendations as to appropriate responses and actions to be taken.
- Collect and maintain intake documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain database regarding requests for services, referrals and follow-up actions.
- Provides regular updates and reports regarding calls/emails received and action taken.
- On a rotation basis, responsible for covering emergency after-hours calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience working on crisis help lines strongly preferred.
- Certification in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling preferred.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations.
- Analytical skills and ability to make recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Incident Response Specialist. (Internal candidates should also include the word Internal in the subject line and must apply no later the Wednesday October 3, 2018.)