Position: Financial Analyst
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Treasury Services
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Provides financial planning and analysis used for strategic business decision-making. Recommends changes to BSA policies and procedures to protect the organization’s assets and reduce and/or eliminate financial risks and exposure. Analyzes BSA’s financial impact on operations and Return on Investment (ROI) by conducting statistical analysis of past and present financial impact on operations; making estimations of future revenues and expenditures; and forecasting expenses. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. This position will focus on legal financial analysis, reporting from contract software system and forecasting financial commitments.
- Performs financial planning and analysis projects to include evaluating accounts, records, business practices. Presents findings, prepares reports, and provides education and recommendations to management about financial implications and the appropriate procedures and required controls. Integrated Partnership Packages: Coordinates with Scouting Works sales by brainstorming, creating and executing potential new client opportunities.
- Identifies complex and unusual patterns. Prepares financial models to assess the impact of different actions.
- Generates and prepares financial forecasts based analyzation of current trends.
- Develops efficient value-added reporting processes to ensure quality and accuracy of financial information.
- Creates financial “What If” scenarios for future business planning and related decisions. Prepares and refines profitability models and financial analysis for new business opportunities.
- Assists management with monitoring the completion of tasks by others. Identifies opportunities to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five or more years relative work experience.
- Experience examining financial accounts, records and/or business practice in an examination, managerial or professional accounting or auditing position is required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Financial Analyst (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line.) .