Position: Event Planning Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Office of Philanthropy
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Responsible for meeting, event, and/or program administration, planning, budget administration, and logistics. Assists with specific functions of a meeting or event and complete it in an appropriate, timely, efficient manner. Provides excellent customer service to all meeting or event participants.
- May be responsible for online registration processes or the technical delivery of all or some of the supplies and services as applicable for an event, function, meeting, and/or program. Monitors the progress of registration or technical delivery of supplies and services personally or through others to ensure adequate participation support for event/program. Reports any obstacles and recommends adjustments to registration or functional processes when needed to ensure full participation.
- Provides information for negotiations with vendors or provides information and reports as part of the vendor contracting process. Assists in ensuring that contracted vendors are producing in accordance to agreed contracts.
- Assists in monitoring assigned vendors’ performance and the timely delivery of supplies and services according to a contract. Anticipates and reports issues with supplies or services and recommends appropriate adjustments to ensure full delivery for a function, event, and/or program.
- Provides guidance and consulting service to meeting, function, event, and/or program management.
- Monitors an assigned portion of the budget for the event, function, and/or program. Ensures that all expenses are within an approved budget. Anticipates and seeks approval for unforeseen and unbudgeted expenses and reports financial issues to the team leader or event coordinator. Accounts for these circumstances and includes them in any future budgets.
- Reconciles invoices. Completes all reconciliations, ensures all expenses were approved, and provides a final budget report of an event, function and/or program.
- Is an active team member. Must communicate at all levels in the BSA including with other teams, volunteers, leadership, and outside vendors and their staff. Documents issues and responds actively to ensure a successful event, function, and/or program.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three or more years relative work experience.
- Extensive meeting, function, event and/or program delivery experience.
- Must have expertise in managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Event Planning Specialist. (Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)