Position: e-Learning Developer
Compensation: Exempt position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Produces online e-Learning content for Scouting volunteers and professionals. Serves as a technical resource in the creation of digital interactive educational modules.
- The e-Learning Developer produces online SCORM 1.2 compliant eLearning content from scripts and content assets that include: digital photographs, clip art, video, audio and graphic animations (using the latest version of Adobe Captivate).
- Creates or modifies visual assets for use in eLearning modules and video productions using Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Works in accordance with learning architecture standards and processes.
- Programs robust online learning content.
- Makes revisions to existing online learning content as needed.
- Tests modules for functionality.
- Produces visual assets for use in online eLearning content video productions, including modifying digital photographs, creating graphics and animations.
- Ensures work is SCORM 1.2 compliant.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Video editing skills a plus (working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or Final Cut X).
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated experience is required.
- Fluent in latest version of Adobe Captivate; Intermediate Adobe Photoshop skills required.
- Not a plug-n-play position; need someone strong in aesthetics, pacing, graphics and animations.
- Knowledge of the Scouting program is desirable.
- Self-motivated, out-going and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The chosen e-Learning Developer will possess excellent interpersonal and collaborative skillset.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, eLearning Developer. (Internal candidates must also include the word Internal in the subject line and must submit by May 21, 2018.)