Position: Curriculum and Materials Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Department: STEM Program Operations
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Designs, plans, organizes, and develops curricula, materials, and program content to meet specific program needs. Analyzes program needs, including appropriate materials and sources for said materials. Partners with others (BSA employees, volunteers, and subject matter experts) to provide input for curricular content. Works with management to ensure materials (curriculum, program content, and inventory) are current and relevant to program needs.
- Designs, develops, and plans multiple products, to include curriculum and other program content, such as, awards, school talk demos and other materials for delivery in multiple formats (online, in person, print, etc.).
- Works with partners to design and develop content.
- Coordinates directly with Supply Group’s merchandising team and suppliers to ensure adequate, appropriate, and cost effective program materials.
- Delivers curriculum and materials in a timely basis to ensure programs move forward in a smooth and uninterrupted manner.
- Provides training and orientation to councils and other on program content as necessary.
- Creates, develops and implements strategies to identify and develop new business opportunities for larger accounts (complex client base).
- Responsible for meeting timelines and providing program content in the most cost efficient and effective manner, while developing within budget.
- Reviews and revises program content and program materials and provides planning for improvements, efficiencies, or redesign.
- Ensures that all activities comply with current Health and Safety standards in official BSA publications, i.e., the Guide to Safe Scouting or, in such situations where no BSA standards apply, applicable national standards from the federal government or nationally recognized authoritative body.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of six years of similar experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with large documents, content management systems, and online sharing platforms is required.
- Experience with materials purchasing and logistics is required.
- A familiarity with Adobe products is helpful.
- Scouting experience is beneficial for designing relevant program materials.
- Must be professional with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and possess the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem-solve quickly.
- Possess an ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritize work.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary, the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume with a cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Curriculum and Materials Specialist.