Position: Associate Attorney
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
Performs legal services in support of Office of General Counsel in the functions of Litigation, Employment, Claims, Intellectual Property, Contract Administration, Trusts and Estate administration, research, writing, advocacy, and other functions. Supports the legal department’s business processes to include but not limited to: litigation, employment law, claims analysis, intellectual property, contract administration, research, writing, and advocacy. Assists and supports senior attorneys in handling complex cases, responding to inquiries related to insurance policies, claims, and other claims related legal aspects. Will also perform employment law investigations, witness interviews, document review, and supervising the activities of external counsel retained to manage cases.
- Provides support to legal department in the areas of litigation, employment law, claims and insurance policy analysis, intellectual property and contract administration and oversight to BSA contract administration process by handling complex cases; responding to inquiries and managing various legal aspects.
- Assists with employment law case investigations, witness interviews, and document reviews.
- Assists senior attorneys in and (at times) supervises the activities of external counsel retained to manage cases.
- Responsible for handling trusts and estates administration.
- Performs special projects assigned by General Counsel.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- JD/Doctorate from an accredited college or university is required.
- Three or more years relative work experience.
- Texas State Bar Association License
- Experience in the areas of litigation, employment law, claims analysis, intellectual property, and contract administration to include experience with technology used in legal administration required.
- Must have experience working with diverse clients in a large organization and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Currently state licensed, with admission to Texas in the first 12 months of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the Texas Bar Association or an equivalent State Bar Association.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Associate Attorney. (Internal applicants should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)