Compensation: Exempt Level position
Department: Finance & Accounting
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
The Accountant will be responsible for a broad range of accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial reports and financial statements.
- Generate monthly financial statements, schedules, related reports, and all support which includes creating or updating reports, schedules and statements in the financial reporting software PeopleSoft to prove the accuracy of the financial statements.
- Responsible for the investment accounting of the organization which includes recording and reconciling all investment reconciliations and approving cash account reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Identifies problems and develops new methods to improve accuracy and productivity of the staff engaged in conducting accounting procedures.
- May assign work and give general work direction to accounting assistants.
- Monitors deadlines and resolves conflicts to ensure the timely completion of tasks and department goals.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and outside auditors in providing the required information and ensuring the proper documentation is maintained for historical purposes.
- Represents the department in organizational meetings and provides accounting information to other departments, locations, and divisions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required; Business Accounting, Finance or equivalent field is also required.
- A minimum of four years of directly related Accounting experience is required.
- Proficient with PeopleSoft software and Microsoft products, specifically Excel and Word.
- Previous experience with bank reconciliations and complex journal entries.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should state Accountant.