Email Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Position: Email Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Compensation: Exempt-level position
Position location: NDC/Marketing Department/Charlotte, NC
The Email Marketing & Social Media Specialist will play an important role in executing our digital vision, which is focused on the delivery of relevant and content-rich emails and posts. This role is responsible for the development, testing, proofreading and deployment of email and social campaigns. A successful candidate will have a solid understanding of email best practices, audience segmentation, and digital marketing. She/he must have hands-on experience working in an email platform, Adobe Campaigns experience is preferred, as well as A/B testing, creating/managing marketing automations and performing QA checks. Strong project management, attention to detail and organizational skills are important to ensure work is produced to the highest quality within a deadline-driven environment. This role will require developing and gathering content elements from many departments in the organization and working closely with Email Marketing Manager.
The individual in this position will:
- Create and execute an integrated email and social media vison, that includes customer segmentation, targeting contact cadence, template presentation formats and personalization with the goal of maximizing customer engagement, revenue and profitability in alignment with BSA Supply Group goals and objectives.
- Drive email list growth strategies and execution across multiple channels, serving as an email acquisition expert across the organization. Responsible for the email database, to include its integrity and cleanliness.
- Maintain email and social campaign calendars and effectively combine this strategy with the content, promotional, web and merchandise calendars.
- Continually identify and execute email test plans to ensure ongoing optimization of creative, messaging, promotion, contact cadence, timing and template formats.
- Work with internal stakeholders and content drivers to gather, develop and build content and assist in creative feedback for all email campaigns, social campaigns and automation series.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution.
- Create and curate content from a variety of sources to continually enhance engagement and manage the response and engagement of inquiries on and related to social media sites.
- Secure support (internal and external) and tools necessary to advance organizations social media and email programs.
- Collaborate closely with the BSA Email Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Analyst to review KPIs for both social and email marketing and adapt to ever-changing platform and consumer behavior trends.
- 3+ years of professional email marketing and/or social media experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or related field
- Experience using Adobe Campaign, Mailchimp, Pardot or Marketo
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, Iconosquare or similar social media tools
- Ability to formulate, plan and set up A/B testing
- Quick learner and a creative problem solver
- Persistent when it comes to achieving personal and professional goals
- Team Player
- Experience taking on a high level of responsibility, works well under pressure
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a deadline driven, changing environment
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org , or drop off at the Human Resources office. The subject line of the email, should include the words, “Email Marketing & Social Media Specialist”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: http://www.scouting.org/Careers/EmploymentOpportunities/Supply.aspx