Position: Sales Specialist
Compensation: Exempt Level position; salary commensurate with skills and experience
Department: Corporate Engagement
Position location: West Region
This position is responsible for sales in an assigned territory as well as account management. Maintains relationships with current and potential media clients. Identifies potential advertising clients and proposes advertising, marketing and media solutions for all Scouting Works opportunities including digital, magazines (Boys’ Life, Scouting and Eagles’ Call magazines), TV, etc. Sells advertising to various media outlets.
- Generate media, sponsorship and advertising sales revenue for the Boy Scouts of America.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with all current and potential advertising prospects via client/agency relationships cultivated through in person meetings and exceptional customer service in the assigned region.
- Solutions-driven and consultative seller with specialized knowledge of all advertising clients and agencies in the sales region to promote advertising and media sales.
- Identifies potential advertising clients and propose marketing solutions for all Scouting Works media, marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Maintains a current list of advertising prospects for use in promotion and marketing.
- Responsible for selling cross-platform advertising to various media outlets. Applies a diligent effort to achieve sales goals mutually agreed upon with the National Sales Director.
- Relays all pertinent information on sales prospects in the region to the Media Sales Director.
- Work with others on the Scouting Works team to identify new areas for revenue generation and coordinate potential expanded client involvement including event sponsorships, licensing, program support, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- Five or more years of relative experience.
- Ability to work from home in either of these cities or areas: California; Salt Lake City, Utah or Denver, Colorado.
- Possess presentation, writing, negotiating and closing skills
- Experience working with media buyers or directly with brands is required.
- Experience with youth marketing, outdoor industry, consumer products, electronics, gaming or STEM products/services is highly desired.
- Understanding of advertising, promotions, digital, mobile and social media products.
- Knowledge of Scouting or similar youth serving organizations is highly desired.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary, the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Exempt@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Sales Specialist (Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)