Position: Payroll Coordinator
Compensation: Non-Exempt position
Position location: Irving, TX 75038
To maintain the computerized payroll systems and ensure that all employees are paid accurately and in a timely manner in compliance with federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Prepares input of data from time sheets, records, and reports to the computerized payroll system including: employee name, days worked, overtime earnings, if any, date, gross pay, deductions, and required withholdings and net earnings. Processes new hires, terminations, status changes, and deductions.
- Updates the computerized payroll system with changes to benefits deductions; calculates retroactive adjustments and special pays, maintains vacation, paid time off and workers’ compensation records.
- Prepares federal, state and local payroll withholding tax returns on a weekly, semi-monthly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Reconciles assigned payroll accounts; creates and posts journal entries and ledgers. Researches and produces special reports as needed.
- Prepares appropriate EFT or AP check requests for state and local payroll tax deposits weekly, semi-monthly, monthly and quarterly and inputs into the Accounts Payable system. Ensures compliance with prevailing payroll tax laws and distribution requirements.
- Prepares federal tax returns and reconciles quarterly deposits and the computer-based payroll system.
- Answers questions from supervisors and employees regarding payroll, deductions, etc.
- Prepares, files and maintains all quarterly state unemployment insurance wage reports and state workers’ compensation reports. Prepares EFT or AP check requests and posts to the AP system.
- Maintains a complete and systematic set of all transactions related to payroll accounting.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Three or more years of payroll experience.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification or Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service with attention to detail
- Data management skills and experience or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products with a strong proficiency with Excel.
The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and 11 holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must email a resume and cover letter to: Resume.Staff@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, Payroll Coordinator. (Internal candidates applying should also include the word Internal in the subject line.)