Welcome to Northern Tier Staff!
If you were offered a position as a Northern Tier staff member, first off CONGRATULATIONS!!! we look forward to your arrival. Secondly, Prior to employment at Northern Tier, prospective staff must complete a few items including required paperwork, online certifications and medical clearance. "Be Prepared " by completing these items today!
Items Required for Employement at Northern Tier
Read this list carefully! Some items must be completed and returned prior to staff arrival at Northern Tier while other items must be submitted by hand upon staff arrival at Northern Tier.
1. “Terms of Seasonal Employment” offer with signature of acceptance
2. Job Profile with signature of acceptance
3. Staff Policies with signature of acceptance
4. Medical Form - Required upon arrival. Must be completed within the 12 months prior to your last day of employment. Copy of Medical insurance card if applicable
5. W-4 Form - Completed and returned prior to arrival.
6. I-9 Form - Completed and returned 'Section 1' prior to arrival. ‘Section 2’ is completed upon arrival after review of supporting documents. Supporting documents, like a U.S. Passport and Driver’s License, must be original copies and currently valid and presented upon arrival.
7. Direct Deposit – Submit with voided check. Form for Canadian Citizens Form for American Citizens
8. BSA Registration - All staff must be current members of the Boy Scouts of America. Staff may elect to obtain membership upon arrival.
9. Certifications - After creating a name and password, all staff must complete several Boy Scouts of America online training courses including 1. Youth Protection, 2. Weather Hazards, 3. Safe Swim (summer staff), 4. Safety Afloat (summer staff). Proof of certification must be submitted to Northern Tier prior to staff arrival. CPR and Wilderness First Aid certifications may be offered as part of staff training upon arrival at Northern Tier.
10. Vehicle Information – Make, model, year and license plate number required for staff with personal vehicles.
11. Interpreter Staff with a valid U.S. Passport are required to provide a passport photocopy and completed Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC) Permit prior to arrival.
12. Canadian Citizens: In addition to items 1-10 listed above, Canadian citizens are required to provide the following items prior to employment. 1. Signed Canadian Payroll Form, 2. Voided check, 3. copy of your Social Insurance Number, 4. Driving record, 5. Copy of police record check