OKPIK SUGGESTED READING
• Conover, Garret and Alexandra. A Snow Walker’s Companion: Winter Trail Skills from the Far North
• Dunn, John M. Winterwise: A Backpackre’s Guide. Lake George, NY: Adirondack Mountain Club, 1997.
• Field Book. Irving, Texas: Boy Scouts of America, 1984.
• Forgey, William W. Basic Essentials: Hypothermia. Old Saybrook, CT: Globe Pequot Press, 1999.
• Gilpatrick, Gil. Building Snowshoes. Skowhegan, ME: Gil Gilpatrick, 1998.
• Gorman, Stephen. AMC Guide to Winter Camping: Wilderness Travel and Adventure in Coldweather Months. Appalachian Mountain Club, 1991.*
• Hampton, Bruce, David Cole and Denise Casey. Soft Paths: How to Enjoy the Wilderness Without Harming It. Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole Books, 1995.
• OKPIK: Cold-Weather Camping. Irving, Texas: Boy Scouts of America, 1990.*
• Prater, Gene. Snowshoeing, 4th Edition. Seattle, WA: The Mountaineers, 1997.
• Randall, Glenn. Cold Comfort. New York, NY: Nick Lyons Books, 1987.
• Stokes, Donald W. A Guide to Nature in Winter. Boston, MA: Little, Brown, and Co., 1976.
• Watts, May T. and Tom. Winter Tree Finder Nature Study Guide. Berkeley, CA: Wilderness Press, 1970.
• Weiss, Hal. Secrets of Warmth for Comfort or Survival. Seattle, WA: The Mountaineers, 1992.
• Wilkerson M.D., James A. hypothermia, Frostbite, and Other Cold Injuries – Prevention, Recognition, and Prehospital Treatment. Seattle, WA: The Mountaineers, 1986.
*These items are available in the Northern Tier Trading Post.