WEEKEND SAMPLER SCHEDULE
• Arrive between 4:00 and 7:00 PM and meet your Interpreter. You can eat in town prior to arrival, or you can eat supper at the base provided you arrive before 7:00 PM
• Complete Check-In: pay any final fees, turn in BSA Health and Medical Records and discuss the specific trip goals of your crew.
• Get situated in your on-base accommodations and complete a Gear Shakedown
• Attend a “First Night Orientation” – an Interpreter led introduction to Winter Camping
• Get outfitted with group gear and supplemental personal gear.
• Cracker Barrel 9:30PM. The Trading Post will be open – remember, our Trading Post carries some of the items you are required to bring (just in case you forgot).
Day 2 and succeeding days if out more than one night
• Breakfast at 7:30 AM in the program center.
• Finish checking out group equipment, personal equipment and food.
• Travel out into the wilderness. Set up a campsite. Try out cross-country skiing, snowshoeing or ice fishing.
• You will cook and eat your meals on the trail.
At some point during your time on the ice, a dog sledding crew will give you a very brief introduction to dog sledding and its uses in the North Woods.
• Eat Breakfast and pack up camp
• Return to Base between 10:00-11:00 AM
• Check in personal and group gear at the Bay Post
• Clean up with a shower and sauna
• Visit the Trading Post
• Lunch and Awards at 12:00 PM
• Head home