Lionel Launches New 2011 BSA® Ready-to-Run Train Set
Lionel introduces the 2011 BSA® Ready-to-Run Train Set. The set will be similar to the 2010 100th Anniversary set except the 100th Anniversary boxcar will be replaced with the BSA® Boy Scout™ Oath boxcar. In addition, the 100th anniversary collector patch will be replaced with a BSA®/Lionel® collector patch with the new BSA® signature tagline, Prepared. For Life.™
Also, this summer, Lionel will be adding specialty box cars and for the first time, figure pack accessories.
The set will include:
The locomotive features all of the following and much more:
- 0-8-0 Steam Locomotive and Tender
- Bulkhead Flatcar with Box and Wheel Load
- Operating Derrick Car
- BSA® Boxcar with the Boy Scout™ Oath
- Work Caboose
- Three straight FasTrak track sections, eight curved FasTrack track sections, a FasTrack terminal section, and a FasTrack uncoupling section
- CW-80 transformer
- Smoke fluid
The rolling stock features all of the following and more:
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
- Operating steam whistle with On/Off switch
- Operating headlight
- Puffing smoke unit
- Die-cast operating coupler on front of locomotive
- Engineer and fireman figures
The entire train is approximately 58" long with layout dimensions of 40" x 60".
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks on Boxcar, Flatcar, and Derrick Car
- Movable boom and operating winch on Derrick Car
- Opening doors on Boxcar
Train sets will retail for $299.99.
To purchase this set online or to locate a dealer near you, visit lionel.com.
W. R. Case Introduces BSA® Prepared. For Life.™ Pocket Knives
W. R. Case has introduced a new line of collectible pocket knives that will be available at retail by the end of June. This new collection consists of four distinct pocket knives within the Tan Caliber family. Each pocket knife features sand-colored Zytle® handles that are tough, lightweight and affordable.
The smallest pocket knife is the "Peanut" which consists of a clip blade and pen blade. The "Trapper" has a clip blade and spey blade. The "Hobo®
" has a clip blade, fork, and spoon. Lastly, the XX "Changer" includes an exchangeable fillet, saw and drop point blades. On the blade of each pocketknife is the new BSA® "Prepared. For Life.TM" signature tagline. Embedded in the handle is the Boy Scouts of America® fleur-de-lis in bronze.
These and other W.R. Case pocketknives, officially licensed by the Boy Scouts of America, are available from W.R. Case authorized dealers nationwide. To find a dealer, please visit