Service Project Ideas
Submit Your Project
WOSM Messengers of Peace
How do I submit a Messengers of Peace project?
To designate a Messengers of Peace project, simply select Messengers of Peace as the partner organization when entering a service project through the Journey to Excellence website (www.scouting.org/Awards/JourneyToExcellence). Doing so will add the project to the map on the Messengers of Peace website (http://scoutmessengers.com) and will generate a unit certificate.
I haven’t submitted a Journey to Excellence project before. How does the process work?
Follow these steps:
- Go to www.scouting.org/Awards/JourneyToExcellence and click on the “Service Hours Website” link. (Volunteers with a MyScouting account can also reach the Journey to Excellence service hour website by clicking on the “Service Hours” link on the left side of the screen in the “Unit Tools” section.)
- If you have login information, enter it now. Otherwise, click the “New Users Click Here” link to create an account. Note that you will need your unit ID (five to 11 digits) and your unit number (four digits, no letters), which you can get by calling your council service center.
- Once you’ve logged in, enter the following information:
Select “Messengers of Peace” as the partner organization.
Click the “Submit” button. When you submit your information, you will be asked whether you have any additional projects to record. To print a certificate, click “Print Certificate.”
- Date of the project
- Number of registered Scouts participating
- Number of non-Scouts (brothers, sisters, friends)
- Number of adult leaders participating
- Number of other adults participating
- Total hours worked (number of workers times the number of hours they worked)
- Organizations that joined you on the project
- Who or what organization benefited from the project
- Number of items collected (if applicable)