Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Demonstrate to an adult the general rules for safe skateboarding by showing that you know how to wear the proper safety gear.
- Carefully demonstrate how to fall to help minimize injuries.
- Practice skateboarding for 30 minutes. This practice may be done in several periods.
Earn the Skateboarding belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Figure out your skateboard stance—whether you are regular or goofy footed.
- Demonstrate proper stance, feet positions, knee bending, pushing off, turning, and stopping on flat ground.
- Using pictures, explain to your den or family the difference between street, skate park, and vertical skateboarding.
- List five ways skateboarders should be considerate and respectful of other people and their property when they are skateboarding.
- View a skateboarding video.
- Attend a pro skateboarder demonstration.
- Show that you know how to lubricate the bearings and keep your skateboard clean.
- Apply grip tape to your skateboard.
- Skateboard at a skate park for 30 minutes.
- Demonstrate three of the following maneuvers: ollie, nollie, frontside, grab, kickturn, carving.
- Describe how to determine a safe area to skateboard.