Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the six events of men’s gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vaulting/ side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
- Participate in an exercise from three of the six events using the proper equipment and techniques.
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet.
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics. Tell your den or an adult family member what you learned about them.