Membership Has Its (Increased) Privileges
Since the Scouting Alumni Association began in 2011, members have received an array of benefits, including a complimentary membership to the National Scouting Museum, a one-time discount at ScoutStuff.org, free bugle-call ringtones, and of course the quarterly Alumni Alive! newsletter. Now, we are pleased to announce even more benefits.
Alumni who purchase or renew memberships beginning in June will enjoy a host of discounts from major national retailers, thanks to an agreement with Abenity. Here's a sampling of current offers:
- 15 percent off oil changes, tires, maintenance, and repairs at Firestone Complete Auto Care
- A free pair of eyeglasses from Coastal.com and 30 percent off future purchases
- Up to 35 percent off movie tickets at AMC Theatres
- 25 percent off pizza when you order online from Papa John's
- Up to 30 percent off hundreds of in-store products at Office Depot
- 50 percent off regular in-store prices at Men's Wearhouse (excluding shoes and everyday low prices)
"With these new benefits, the $35 annual membership fee can more than pay for itself in a single purchase," said Bill Steele, the BSA's director of Alumni Relations. "Plus, the Scouting Alumni Association makes everyone a winner because money from membership fees flows back to local councils to support their programs."
To take advantage of the new benefits, all you have to do is register with Abenity when you start or renew a Scouting Alumni Association membership. Details will appear in the welcome email you will receive upon registration or renewal.
Who said "a Scout is thrifty" applies only to kids?