Please read carefully as the age requirements on this page supersede any others; expressed, implied or written.
- Each participant must be a registered Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, Venture Scout, or Adult Leader.
- Participants must be thirteen (13) and graduated from the 8th grade or fourteen (14) years old to participate in all programs.
Youth who would be eligible to attend the summer season (May-August) ARE eligible for spring program of that year (February-April). AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SEA BASE CANNOT BE RELAXED. PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST OR EXPECT EXCEPTIONS!
- The ability to swim 100 yards (official BSA swim test) and stay afloat for one (1) minute.
- Must be in good health evidenced by a BSA Health and Medical form filled out and signed by your doctor within the past 12 months. A special SCUBA Medical and Waiver are required for the SCUBA Certification Program. Inquire early with questions about medical requirements for participation.
- Must be a Certified Diver for the SCUBA Adventure Program by a certified agency nationally recognized by the BSA.
- No participant may weigh in excess of 295 pounds. Participants not meeting this requirement will be sent home at their own expense.
- All participants must know and use the scout Oath and Law as their guide to appropriate behavior at Sea Base.NOTE: Please remember a Troop or Team is not a co-ed unit. The only way a female under the age of 18 may attend Sea Base is with a Venture crew with proper co-ed leadership or as a member of an approved council contingent with proper co-ed leadership.