How to Apply
Here is the procedure for applying for seasonal employment at Philmont Scout Ranch:
- Review the employment to be sure that you are eligible.
- Download a Seasonal Staff Application (PDF)
- Review the list of jobs in the various departments, indicate three preferences, and complete the entire application.
- Be as specific as possible on dates of employment. Refer to cover page of application.
- Develop a brief resumé, outlining your experience and qualifications for each of the positions you have selected.
- Obtain at least one letter of recommendation from a member of your local council's professional staff, a teacher, a religious leader, or an employer. A reference form is included in the Seasonal Staff Application.
- Send your application, resumé, and letter(s) of reference to Philmont.
The Philmont hiring process lasts from January-May. If you haven't heard from us by March you may call and request an update on the status of your application.
While you have a better opportunity for obtaining employment in a key staff position if you apply by October 1 of the previous year, applications are accepted at any time of the year.