Get connected with Scouting Community!
Scouting Community provides a safe environment for Scouts over the age of 13, Volunteers and Scouting Professionals to discuss Scouting topics and learn more about how to be a better Scout and Scouter.
To join the BSA’s new social network, You must have a MyScouting account, be at least 13 years old and have a paid membership with a valid Boy Scout Member ID.
If you don't have a MyScouting account, go to MyScouting to create one. Enter information including your member ID and submit your account details. Wait for a reply e-mail to activate your account.
If you've already setup a MyScouting account:
- Log into MyScouting and select Scouting Community.
- This is your private profile; toggle between it and your public profile. Edit your public profile with information you’d like to share. Select an avatar or image to represent you.
- Make friends. Go to the Members page and find someone. Go to their page and select the Add to Friends link.
- Check out the Forums. Start reading the forum posts. Familiarize yourself with how forums are organized.
- Join a Group. Go to the Groups page and find a group that interests you. If it’s public, you can join. If it’s public by invitation, you can request to join.
- Give yourself a full week to check out all the features of the site. Make forum posts to ask questions and learn more.