2015 Contingent Patch


Scout Association of Japan Bulletins and Circulars

BSA Bulletins
Promotional Items

  • 2015 WSJ Web banner - jpg

  • 2015 WSJ web banner - jpg

  • 2015 WSJ web banner - jpg

Scout Association of Japan Facebook page (including three videos) 

Jamboree Shops

Medical Requirements

Parts A, B, and C of the Annual Health and Medical Record are required and must be current through Aug. 11, 2015. Please visit and click the download button within the "Are You Going to Camp?" section and fill out all parts completely. Once your medical form has been completed, make two copies of it. For youth and unit leaders, the copies will be collected by your unit leader at a later date. For IST and CMT, one copy will be sent to the health and safety officer (address provided at a later date), and the other copy will be collected at the jamboree site.


All members of the Boy Scouts of America's world jamboree contingent will be required to have a valid passport to enter Japan. Your passport must be valid for at least six months after our scheduled return date from Japan:

  • Western and Northeast Regions: Aug. 9, 2015
  • Central and Southern Regions: Aug. 11, 2015

Therefore, your passport must be valid through Feb. 9, 2016, or Feb. 11, 2016, respectively. It is advisable that participants who do not yet have a passport apply for one as soon as possible. See or contact your local post office to apply for a passport. Participants will be required to send copies of their passport details to the BSA International Department in advance of the jamboree.


Americans can visit Japan for up to three months without needing a visa. It is the responsibility of BSA members who are citizens of other nations to determine if they are required to obtain a visa to enter Japan, obtain this visa, if necessary, and ensure that they will be able to enter back into the United States at the end of the event.

Travel Advice

The BSA's International Department monitors the travel advice issued by the U.S. State Department on a regular basis. Travel advice and information issued by the U.S. government can be found at

Contact Us

Have questions? Email us at or call 972-580-2489. Please provide your name, phone number, email address, record locator number from your world jamboree application, and the issue you are asking about. We will respond via email as soon as possible.