Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing tennis skills.
- Participate in a tennis game.
Earn the Tennis belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play tennis (rackets, balls, shoes, clothing, and court).
- Practice for 30 minutes in up to two practice sessions developing forehand techniques through forehand bump-ups with a bounce, partner bump-ups with a target, forehand alley rally, forehand alley rally over a “net,” drop-hit forehand bumps, drop-hit catch in pairs, and toss-hit catch in pairs.
- Practice developing serving skills for 30 minutes in up to two practice sessions.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score in tennis.
- Accurately draw, label, and explain a tennis court layout.
- Play five games of tennis using U.S. Tennis Association rules.
- Participate in a tennis skills development clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional tennis meet.
- Present to your den or family a report on the history of tennis.