Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of baseball to your leader or adult partner.
- In three separate sessions, spend at least 30 minutes practicing baseball skills.
- Participate in a baseball game.
Earn the Baseball belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community baseball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in two of the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- Demonstrate skill in two of the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- Demonstrate correct pitching techniques.
- Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting.
- Explain the rules of base running. Explain base coaching signals.
- Demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- Play five games of baseball using standard baseball rules.
- Draw a baseball field to scale or set one up for play.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional baseball game.
- Read a book about a baseball player and give a report about him or her to your den or family.